Father and daughter died from stab wounds to chest
A TEENAGE girl and her father found dying at their luxury home both died from stab wounds to the chest, an inquest heard today.
Margaret Pierides and her father, Costas, died after an horrific incident at their home in Sible Hedingham on Saturday morning.
It is thought Margaret, 16, stabbed her father to death before stabbing herself.
Mr Pierides, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene while his daughter died after being flown to Colchester General Hospital.
Post-mortem examinations showed that both died from stab wounds to the chest while the teenager also suffered a stab wound to her abdomen, an inquest in Chelmsford heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation but have given no clue as to the sequence of events which they believe led to the deaths.
The inquest was adjourned to a later date.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day