Care home enjoys festive success
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas fair with real reindeer has raised over £1,000 for care home residents.
Stowlangtoft Hall opened its doors to the public for its annual Christmas Fair, kick-starting the festive season in style.
The home welcomed more than 25 stall holders ranging from handmade crafts and jewellery to children’s toys, with the highlight of the day coming when Santa Claus himself brought along two of his reindeer Blitzen and Comet.
Children were able to meet Santa in his grotto and pass on their Christmas wish list ready for the big day.
Sally Chilvers, care home manager, said: “It has been a huge team effort from everyone at Stowlangtoft Hall whether they helped us on the day or donated prizes to raise money, we have been overwhelmed with people’s generosity to put on a great day for our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will pay for residents’ trips events in 2019.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 9 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef