'Best daddy in the world' helped partner through pandemic pregnancy
- Credit: Harriet Topping
Dad Tom Smythe has been described as 'truly amazing' as his family prepare to celebrate Father's Day.
Harriet Topping and her newborn baby Clementine have paid tribute to Tom, who did "everything" during Miss Topping's pregnancy.
Miss Topping said: "He has been truly amazing this year by supporting me following a C-section and in turn giving Clementine the best start during the pandemic.
"Tom literally did everything during my pregnancy. He massaged my feet nearly every day, made sure dinner was always cooked for me and the house was always tidy.
"We did hypnobirthing lessons from the beginning of my pregnancy which he loved too, and he especially loved feeling Clem kick around inside my tummy.
You may also want to watch:
"As a midwife myself it would have been easy to just 'let me get on with it' but Tom was with me every step of the way."
The 35-year-old works at his family business, Ipswich Commercial Contract Tyres where his mum, dad, two brothers and auntie all work with him.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
"He has been an absolute rock," Miss Topping said. "Clementine is lucky to have the best daddy in the world."