Faulty dishwasher to blame for fire

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a house in Woodbridge to tackle a kitchen fire.

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a house in Woodbridge to tackle a kitchen fire.

Crews from Woodbridge and Ipswich headquarters were alerted to the fire in Churchill Close at 9.48am.

Upon arrival it was discovered the cause of the fire was a faulty dishwasher which was removed from the smoke logged kitchen while the electric to the house was isolated and the fire extinguished.

The flames were under control by 10.07am.