Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 18°C

min temp: 7°C

Search

Firefighters extinguish hot tub blaze in Essex

PUBLISHED: 17:04 12 June 2018 | UPDATED: 17:07 12 June 2018

The fire happened at a home in Church Street, Colne Engaine Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The fire happened at a home in Church Street, Colne Engaine Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

GOOGLE MAPS

The quick action of firefighters stopped a blaze that started in a faulty hot tub spreading to a home.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident in Church Street, Colne Engaine, a village near Colchester, around 2am today.

A hot tub in the garden of a home had caught fire.

The blaze had started to spread when firefighters arrived but they managed to quell the flames before the property was hit.

A spokesman for the brigade said: “When fire crews arrived, they reported that the fire was quickly spreading along the decking to the house.

“Firefighters worked hard to stop the fire from spreading to the house.

“Smoke from the fire spread to the house, so firefighters used a large fan to clear the smoke from the property.”

The fire service spokesman said the cause of the blaze was found to be a fault with the hot tub.

Two crews from Halstead attended.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists