Firefighters extinguish hot tub blaze in Essex
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The quick action of firefighters stopped a blaze that started in a faulty hot tub spreading to a home.
Essex Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident in Church Street, Colne Engaine, a village near Colchester, around 2am today.
A hot tub in the garden of a home had caught fire.
The blaze had started to spread when firefighters arrived but they managed to quell the flames before the property was hit.
A spokesman for the brigade said: “When fire crews arrived, they reported that the fire was quickly spreading along the decking to the house.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters worked hard to stop the fire from spreading to the house.
“Smoke from the fire spread to the house, so firefighters used a large fan to clear the smoke from the property.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Matchday live: Bonne misses golden chance as Owls take half-time lead
The fire service spokesman said the cause of the blaze was found to be a fault with the hot tub.
Two crews from Halstead attended.