Felixstowe: Anger over proposals to ban street parking in Manor Terrace
- Credit: Archant
PEOPLE living in a seafront street have been told car parking along one side of their road is to be banned.
Parking currently takes place on both sides of Manor Terrace, but proposals for yellow lines on the seaward side will leave the area seriously short of on-street parking for householders’ vehicles.
Town councillors were told the restrictions were being brought in as part of the work to create a housing estate on the 17-acre south seafront site.
The development would have pay-and-display car parks and people in the area would be able to buy season tickets.
Graham Newman, of the Felixstowe highways advisory group, said: “Formal objections to the traffic order are anticipated from a number of residents and some have already written to the county council to object and saying they will challenge what is proposed.
You may also want to watch:
“This is expected to come before the rights of way committee in June and so needs to be sorted out.”
The restrictions are due to be in place by August.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away