Artwork is unveiled as resort hosts exciting annual exhibition
A wide range of artwork is on display in Felixstowe this week as artists from the resort show off their skills and interests.
Members of Felixstowe Art Group are staging their 67th annual exhibition featuring their best work with most of the 200-plus pieces on sale, too.
The free event is taking place at Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Orwell Road, with a variety of themes and work in different styles and media for people to view – including oils, watercolours, acrylics, pastels, ink, charcoal, wood and mixed media.
In the past exhibitors have included David Hockney, Giles and a descendant John Constable, also John.
This year’s event was opened yesterday by Felixstowe Forward director Helen Greengrass.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe Art Group has around 130 members, amateurs and professionals, from Felixstowe and the surrounding area, and aims to build a community of artists learning and developing skills together as well as being a social group.
Members are invited to submit up to four pieces of work from the past year for display.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 3 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 4 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 5 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 6 Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- 7 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 8 Where Ipswich Town are at with ins and outs during the January transfer window
- 9 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 10 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
Visitors are able to vote for their favourite piece of work on show.
The exhibition is open from 10am to 6pm on August 8, 9 and 10, and on Saturday, August 11 from 10am to 5pm. Admission free, donations welcome.