Artwork is unveiled as resort hosts exciting annual exhibition
A wide range of artwork is on display in Felixstowe this week as artists from the resort show off their skills and interests.
Members of Felixstowe Art Group are staging their 67th annual exhibition featuring their best work with most of the 200-plus pieces on sale, too.
The free event is taking place at Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Orwell Road, with a variety of themes and work in different styles and media for people to view – including oils, watercolours, acrylics, pastels, ink, charcoal, wood and mixed media.
In the past exhibitors have included David Hockney, Giles and a descendant John Constable, also John.
This year’s event was opened yesterday by Felixstowe Forward director Helen Greengrass.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe Art Group has around 130 members, amateurs and professionals, from Felixstowe and the surrounding area, and aims to build a community of artists learning and developing skills together as well as being a social group.
Members are invited to submit up to four pieces of work from the past year for display.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Visitors are able to vote for their favourite piece of work on show.
The exhibition is open from 10am to 6pm on August 8, 9 and 10, and on Saturday, August 11 from 10am to 5pm. Admission free, donations welcome.