Felixstowe: B&B duo from Castle Lodge Hotel show off resort in next week’s episode of Four In A Bed
VIEWERS across the country will get a taste of life in Felixstowe this week when one of the town’s hotels is featured on a TV show where B&B owners judge each other’s businesses.
The Castle Lodge Hotel in Chevalier Street, is due to appear on Channel 4’s hit show Four In A Bed.
It will be shown over five nights from today with the episode filmed in Felixstowe being shown tomorrow.
In the programme, people stay at each other’s B&Bs and pay what they consider a fair price for their stay.
Owner Margaret Dugdall and her daughter Ruth visited three other premises in Wales and Cheshire after being asked by the TV company to take part.
When they hosted the other entrants at The Castle Lodge, the stay included a night out at the Blue Naan in Hamilton Road and a walk along the prom.
Ruth said: “Initially, mum said never in a million years but then we thought about the publicity and realised we couldn’t afford not to. We took the opportunity to show off Felixstowe as a resort.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 10 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
“We tried to be positive about the other hotels but they do encourage you to moan and find fault.”
Margaret, 65, has owned and run the hotel for the last 25 years. She said: “It is also our home as well as our business so we were very nervous about taking part.”
The Edwardian hotel boasts ten bedrooms, sea views, a residents’ lounge and dining room, licensed bar and garden.
The hotel also offers evening meals during the high season from May to the end of September.