Felixstowe: Bike ride in Cuba will help life-saving cause
- Credit: Archant
A SPORTY duo are already making their preparations for a 250 mile bike journey in Cuba which will raise funds for a good cause.
Lysette Fulcher, of Felixstowe and Sarah Bowles, who works in the town, are putting on a string of events in the run-up to the challenge next year, in aid of Women V Cancer.
A bingo night earlier this month at the Felixstowe Lawn Tennis Club, in Bath Road, raised £742 towards the cause, while a Breast Cancer Tournament on May 18 will also contribute to the pot.
Lysette, a coach at the club, said: “I was up for a challenge and my friend Sarah was the one who convinced me to give it a go.
“There are so many people who are affected by cancer, so I thought they were great charities to do it for and it will definitely be a challenge.”
The duo will start their ride from Havana and the journey will take them through different towns and cities on the island before they reach their finish point back in Havana.
Women V Cancer will see women of all ages joining together for the ride and the funds raised will support charities working in the fields of breast, cervical and ovarian cancer.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Other events being arranged to raise funds are a ladies pamper evening on June 1 and a quiz evening on July 20.
? You can sponsor Lysette and Sarah by visiting www.justgiving.com/sbowlescyclecuba or www.justgiving.com/Lysette-Fulcher1