Felixstowe: Bike ride in Cuba will help life-saving cause
- Credit: Archant
A SPORTY duo are already making their preparations for a 250 mile bike journey in Cuba which will raise funds for a good cause.
Lysette Fulcher, of Felixstowe and Sarah Bowles, who works in the town, are putting on a string of events in the run-up to the challenge next year, in aid of Women V Cancer.
A bingo night earlier this month at the Felixstowe Lawn Tennis Club, in Bath Road, raised £742 towards the cause, while a Breast Cancer Tournament on May 18 will also contribute to the pot.
Lysette, a coach at the club, said: “I was up for a challenge and my friend Sarah was the one who convinced me to give it a go.
“There are so many people who are affected by cancer, so I thought they were great charities to do it for and it will definitely be a challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
The duo will start their ride from Havana and the journey will take them through different towns and cities on the island before they reach their finish point back in Havana.
Women V Cancer will see women of all ages joining together for the ride and the funds raised will support charities working in the fields of breast, cervical and ovarian cancer.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Other events being arranged to raise funds are a ladies pamper evening on June 1 and a quiz evening on July 20.
? You can sponsor Lysette and Sarah by visiting www.justgiving.com/sbowlescyclecuba or www.justgiving.com/Lysette-Fulcher1