Felixstowe brothers get 10 out of 10
IT was 10 out of 10 earlier this month for the Bloomfield footballing family of Felixstowe.
Danny, Matt and Joseph all wore the number 10 shirt for their respective clubs with Danny and Joseph both finding the net in FA Cup games.
The eldest son of former Felixstowe and Walton United manager Steve, Danny scored for Lowestoft Town against Desborough Town.
The striker began his career at Dellwood Avenue and went on to play for Norwich City, Cambridge City, King’s Lynn and AFC Sudbury before moving to Lowestoft.
Middle son Matt played for Wycombe Wanderers against Macclesfield in League Two – losing 2-1 but also wearing the number 10 shirt.
You may also want to watch:
He began at Ipswich Town and moved to Wycombe in December 2003 and making over 200 appearances for the Buckinghamshire-based club.
Youngest son Joe played for Felixstowe and Walton United in their FA Cup 2-1 victory against Wellingborough Town and scoring the winning goal.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
Currently at Warwick University Joe and will be returning to the Seasiders for their up-coming cup games. He usually wears the number 2 short but pulled on the number 10 for the cup match.
Steve Bloomfield’s co-manager with Walton United before they merged with Felixstowe 10 years ago was former Ipswich youth player George Ainsley.
To add to the coincidences he has two footballing sons Stuart and Jack.
After being released by Ipswich the former played for Chelmsford and AFC Sudbury before moving to Felixstowe and Walton mid-way through last season. Stuart signed for Lowestoft this season and was also on the Lowestoft score sheet in their FA Cup win.
Jack is a regular member of the current Ipswich Town squad having come through the Blues’ academy.
Long standing Felixstowe followers will surely recall the time when legendary Tottenham and England striker Bobby Smith was linked with a move to play for the Seasiders at the back end of his career.
The proposed move did not materialise, but it made plenty of headlines.
Smith died last week aged 77. If you have any memories of the time he almost joined Felixstowe let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.