Hot tub dip after Christmas Day swim cancelled
- Credit: Ben Catchpole
This family were all dressed up with nowhere to go after the annual Christmas Day dip in Felixstowe was cancelled at short notice - so they made their own fun.
The family chooses a Christmas theme each year, this year's being full black tie, and planned to head to the St Elizabeth Hospice Christmas Day swim in full-on glamour.
But when the event was cancelled last minute they took matters into their own hands.
Fiona said: "We were all dressed up with nowhere to go, so we said we'll get in the hot tub and have a mulled wine and at least we have done a dip of some sort."
Fiona's niece, who works at at hospice, joined in the hot tub dip, which "wasn't warm, but was definitely warmer than the sea".
The hospice means a lot to the family, Fiona's dad had a space at the hospice but he died before he could make it there, and Rebecca's dad was looked after there.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds