Felixstowe Fairtrade Forum marks its 10th birthday
The Felixstowe Forum is celebrating its 10th birthday next week with a series of events.
The Forum will mark the anniversary with a week long exhibition at Felixstowe Library beginning on November 6.
On the same day a Fairtrade walk will leave from the Trinity Methodist Church at 10.30 am with Fairtrade refreshments and goods on offer afterwards.
Chairman of the Forum, Alan Muchal, said: “We are delighted to celebrate ten years of promoting Fairtrade in the town.
“During this time the Forum and its supporters have achieved Fairtrade Town status for Felixstowe and this has recently been renewed.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the ten years we have enjoyed excellent support from the Town Council, local businesses, churches, schools voluntary groups and the media. We are particularly pleased that nearly all schools in Felixstowe are now engaged with Fairtrade.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back