Felixstowe: Former Securicor guard Eddie Maher set to appear in court tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Securicor guard, charged with stealing nearly £1.2million from outside a Felixstowe bank in 1993, is set to appear in court tomorrow for his latest hearing.
Eddie Maher, 57, is currently remanded in custody and his case is set to be heard by Mr Justice Nichol at Southwark Crown Court tomorrow morning.
Maher - who returned from America voluntarily in July after extradition proceedings began following his arrest in Missouri in February - made a bail application at Luton Crown Court in November.
However, the application was denied.
Maher, formerly of South Woodham Ferrers near Chelmsford, had previously given Ipswich magistrates an address of Wannock Lane in Eastbourne, at an earlier hearing.
You may also want to watch:
He is charged with stealing £1,172,500 while working for Securicor.
The money is said to have been in a security van outside Lloyds Bank in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years