Brass band to entertain at Music on the Lawn
- Credit: Archant
Foxgrove and Maynell House residential care homes in Old Felixstowe are staging a special joint event on Thursday, August 16.
The Music On the Lawn summer event takes place at the homes in High Road East from 2pm to 4pm.
Friends, family and neighbours from Felixstowe are invited to join the staff and residents outside on the lawn in the homes’ fabulous gardens for an afternoon of live musical entertainment from a superb over-50s brass band.
A BBQ will be available, plus tea, coffee and cake will be served to accompany the music. There will also be a grand prize raffle for guests to take part in.
Magda Kurdziel, manager of both Foxgrove and Maynell House, which are owned by Healthcare Homes, said: “We are all really looking forward to our Music on the Lawn event. In the summer, it’s lovely to be able to use as beautiful grounds for occasions like this and we very much look forward to listening to some summer sounds together.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s is also a great opportunity to celebrate Foxgrove’s fabulous ‘Outstanding’ rating, which we received from the CQC earlier this summer.
“Everyone is very welcome to come along and join us.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey