Felixstowe: Hot rods’ cruise to coast will be spectacular sight
- Credit: Archant
Eye-catching and colourful customised cars will line Felixstowe seafront on Saturday – providing a spectacular display for residents and visitors.
The invasion of gleaming custom cars and hot rods will line the prom and organisers say up to 500 are expected to take part.
It will be the seventh annual cruise to the seaside by members of the National Association of Street Clubs (NASC), who are camping at the Suffolk Showground, Trinity Park, during the weekend for their Street Rod Nationals event.
Setting up is already taking place at the showground ready for the first arrivals tomorrow morning.
NASC chairman John Pryor said: “It’s looking really good and we are set for a great weekend – we are just keeping our fingers crossed for the weather.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had 500 pre-entries for the weekend and we are expecting others to turn up and pay on the day.
“There is lots going on for members and we look forward to welcoming the public on Sunday for the Show ‘n’ Shine day.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
“The event has gone from strength to strength since we moved here – it’s a fantastic venue.”
The car cruise will arrive on the prom about 1pm on Saturday.
Sunday’s Show ‘n’ Shine is on from 10am to 5pm.