Felixstowe: Man bailed in connection with alleged siege
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man who was arrested following an alleged incident where a person threatened to shoot himself has been bailed.
The man from Felixstowe, was detained following the alleged incident in Brightwell Close, in the town, at around 8pm on Tuesday.
Police were contacted by a man who reported he was going to shoot himself. He also said he would not allow a friend of his to leave the property.
Officers, including armed police and the Constabulary helicopter, were deployed and the road was cordoned off as a precaution.
The friend who was supposedly being held was not inside the property and was later found safe and well elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who was arrested on suspicion of wasting police time, has now been bailed to return to police on September 20.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex