Felixstowe: Man charged after armed police called to Brightwell Close
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man is due to appear in court after armed police were sent to a house in Felixstowe.
Michael Rouse, of Brightwell Close, Felixstowe, has been charged with three offences following the incident in August.
Rouse faces accusations of wasting police time and two counts of criminal damage.
It is alleged that on August 20 he wasted the employment of police by knowingly making a false report to Suffolk Constabulary.
The report is said to have given rise to a concern for the safety of people or property.
One of the criminal damage allegations relates to a pair of police handcuffs. The other involves the wall of a police cell.
Brightwell Close was cordoned off by police after officers were contacted at 7.50pm on August 20.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 8 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Firearms officers were sent to the scene over concerns that a weapon might be involved.
The police helicopter also hovered over the area while the matter was investigated.
Rouse was arrested and taken to the police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters.
No one was reported to have been hurt during the incident.
After being questioned by officers Rouse was released on bail, pending further enquiries.
He returned to the police investigation centre on Wednesday night to answer bail and was subsequently charged with the three offences.
Rouse is now due to make his first appearance on the allegations before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on October 30.
He is currently on bail until then.