Felixstowe: Man charged after armed police called to Brightwell Close
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old man is due to appear in court after armed police were sent to a house in Felixstowe.
Michael Rouse, of Brightwell Close, Felixstowe, has been charged with three offences following the incident in August.
Rouse faces accusations of wasting police time and two counts of criminal damage.
It is alleged that on August 20 he wasted the employment of police by knowingly making a false report to Suffolk Constabulary.
The report is said to have given rise to a concern for the safety of people or property.
You may also want to watch:
One of the criminal damage allegations relates to a pair of police handcuffs. The other involves the wall of a police cell.
Brightwell Close was cordoned off by police after officers were contacted at 7.50pm on August 20.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Firearms officers were sent to the scene over concerns that a weapon might be involved.
The police helicopter also hovered over the area while the matter was investigated.
Rouse was arrested and taken to the police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters.
No one was reported to have been hurt during the incident.
After being questioned by officers Rouse was released on bail, pending further enquiries.
He returned to the police investigation centre on Wednesday night to answer bail and was subsequently charged with the three offences.
Rouse is now due to make his first appearance on the allegations before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on October 30.
He is currently on bail until then.