Felixstowe: Moped blaze at Port of Felixstowe tackled
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a moped fire in Felixstowe today.
The brigade were alerted shortly before 7pm to reports of an undergrowth fire in Port of Felixstowe Road.
A crew from the town’s fire station discovered an abandoned moped alight.
They quickly tackled the flames, bringing the incident under control by 7.20pm.
Meanwhile in Stowmarket a small fire broke out in a field off Church Road, at about 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Stowmarket fire station found ten square metres of grass alight.
Using a hose and beaters they extinguished the fire by 7.15pm.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case