Police ‘aware’ of claims about dogging on Felixstowe seafront
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Up to 20 people have reportedly been spotted having sex on Felixstowe beach by a dog walker in the town.
On the sands of Felixstowe beach after dark, it is reported that groups are gathering and having sex in public, close to Felixstowe pier and the beach huts nearby.
Taking to Facebook to describe the scenes they had witnessed, one anonymous resident said: "Late at night by the beach huts, to the right of the pier, I have seen about 15 to 20 different people laying on blankets between the huts engaging in group sex.
"Sometimes two of three [people], last night I saw five and one very large lady with two men in a car in the car park behind.
"They are often wearing masks and hoods up."
You may also want to watch:
The dog walker also suggested the doggers use one of the town's hotels for their antics.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said that no reports of the relations have been made directly to them but that they are aware of the speculation being made on social media.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
The spokesman did not confirm if any investigation was ongoing.
Felixstowe Pier were approached for comment.