Felixstowe: Police identify man who died after collapsing in Undercliff Road West, Felixstowe.
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have today managed to identify the man who died after collapsing in a seafront street.
Officers said the man, who died despite attempts to revive him after he fell and hit his head on a wall in Undercliff Road West, Felixstowe, was a 75-year-old resident from the town.
At this stage, officers are not in a position to release the man’s name as they are still trying to contact his
next of kin.
A post mortem has still to be held to discover the exact cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
Amber Welsh and Joseph Coldron were visiting Felixstowe for a celebration when they saw the man fall on the pavement at 11.30pm on Friday.
They turned their car around and rushed back to see if they could help – with Mr Coldron, 23, using his first aid training to give the man CPR for 10 minutes until a paramedic arrived.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Ms Welsh, 20, of Great Clacton, said: “When we reached the man he was unconscious and barely breathing. Then we heard him sort of give a heavy last breath and he stopped breathing altogether, and he had no pulse.
“I phoned the ambulance service and Joe started doing CPR.”