Felixstowe: Purse stolen from coat pocket of shopper in The Card Factory found in Costa Coffee
A purse was pinched from the coat pocket of a shopper in a Felixstowe card shop, police have said.
Officers have launched a witness appeal following the theft at The Card Factory in Hamilton Road.
The victim told police she was “jostled from behind” in the card shop between 12.40pm and 1pm on Friday.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “She thought nothing of it at the time, but in the next shop the victim realised that she no longer had her purse which contained money, bank cards and some personal documents.”
The force spokesman said the purse was later found discarded in a Costa Coffee outlet in Hamilton Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to speak to three young women – possibly in their late teens to mid 20s – who were seen standing in the doorway of The Card Factory at around this time.
All three were wearing casual clothing including coats and jeans. One of the women was of slightly bigger build than the other two, police said.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 9 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
Call police on 101.