Felixstowe: Purse stolen from coat pocket of shopper in The Card Factory found in Costa Coffee
A purse was pinched from the coat pocket of a shopper in a Felixstowe card shop, police have said.
Officers have launched a witness appeal following the theft at The Card Factory in Hamilton Road.
The victim told police she was “jostled from behind” in the card shop between 12.40pm and 1pm on Friday.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “She thought nothing of it at the time, but in the next shop the victim realised that she no longer had her purse which contained money, bank cards and some personal documents.”
The force spokesman said the purse was later found discarded in a Costa Coffee outlet in Hamilton Road.
Police are keen to speak to three young women – possibly in their late teens to mid 20s – who were seen standing in the doorway of The Card Factory at around this time.
All three were wearing casual clothing including coats and jeans. One of the women was of slightly bigger build than the other two, police said.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 5 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 6 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 7 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
Call police on 101.