Felixstowe: Road closed after car hits gas main
FIREFIGHTERS and police officers have been called to a gas leak in Felixstowe.
Crews were called to the leak between Garrison Lane and Orwell Road at 5.49pm.
On arrival crews found a car on top of a ruptured gas main. Transco are in attendance awaiting specialist engineer.
One fire crew from Felixstowe is standing by with covering jet in use
As a result of the incident, Garrison Lane has been closed in both directions at the Mill Lane junction.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70