Felixstowe: Shotgun-wielding raiders hold-up bookies
A FELIXSTOWE bookmakers was open for business as usual today just hours after its second armed robbery in just seven weeks.
Two men – one carrying a shotgun – threatened staff at Ladbrokes betting shop just off the seafront, and escaped with a quantity of cash.
In mid-September staff were faced with a man brandishing a knife and were forced to handover takings. A man was later arrested and questioned and is currently on bail.
Police have launched a hunt for the two men involved in the latest robbery, which took place yesterday at 7.25pm.
Both wore scarves covering their faces but staff said the suspects were black males.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men, who was holding a gun, is further described as wearing blue jeans and a grey jumper. A white scarf covered his face and he also wore dark trainers.
The second suspect was between 5ft 9in and 6ft. He was of medium build and wore a black waterproof jacket, black trainers and black trousers.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Staff at the shop in Undercliff Road West handed over cash to the men who then left the area on foot towards the nearby Lidl store.
Police said no one was hurt in the incident, which lasted just a few minutes.
Anyone who saw the men is asked to call Ds Andrew Smethurst on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.