Felixstowe: Spa Pavilion being boarded up
- Credit: Archant
WORK has started to board up Felixstowe’s now closed Spa Pavilion theatre.
Contractors started putting metal shutters on the doors and windows of the ice cream parlour on Friday and said the work to complete the whole building was expected to take several days.
It will include putting boarding along all of the windows of the restaurant and lounge bar, which has a glass frontage overlooking the sea along the whole of one side of the venue.
The 892-seater theatre closed at the end of the run of the panto Aladdin, performed by the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company.
Suffolk Coastal councillors have withdrawn the £240,000 a year the authority paid a management company to run the building because it says it can no longer afford the fee and also has no money for millions of pounds of refurbishment needed for the building.
You may also want to watch:
Specialist marketing agency Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels is trying to find a new operator or buyer for the venue.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed