Felixstowe: Spate of suspected arson attacks
POLICE officers are today investigating a series of suspected arson attacks in Felixstowe in the early hours of the morning.
Two fire crews from the town were alerted to the first blaze at around 1.30am.
They arrived at the McDonalds car park in Peewit Hill where they discovered a car alight.
Using breathing equipment to allow them to battle the flames they had the incident under control by 1.45am.
Firefighters alerted police officers who are today investigating the suspicious fire to determine the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after 5am firefighters were called to another vehicle fire in Reynolds Court.
A motorcycle was found engulfed in flames and the crew quickly tackled the fire.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
A spokesman for the fire brigade said the fire was believed to be suspicious and investigators are working to determine what started the blaze.