Felixstowe: Swimmers urged to join the festive fun – and raise a big sum for charity
SWIMMERS have been set a target of �40,000 with the launch today of registration for the annual Christmas Day dip in the sea at Felixstowe.
Last year 350 people took up the challenge and around 400 dippers are expected to take the plunge at 10am this year opposite Manning’s Amusements in Sea Road.
St Elizabeth Hospice’s events fundraiser Emily Sullivan said: “Christmas is a lovely time of year to give something back and remember a loved one.
“The Christmas Day Dip has grown in popularity every year and this year we hope it will raise �40,000 to help us to continue to grow local hospice care for local people.
“Why not come along first thing, do your dip with friends and family watching, then go home to open your presents and enjoy your Christmas dinner.”
You may also want to watch:
? Registration costs �5 per person and participants are asked to raise sponsorship – go online to register at www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk or call 01473 723600 for more details.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery