Felixstowe: Travellers leave Langer Park suddenly after two-day stay
- Credit: Archant
Security arrangements at a park are to be reviewed after travellers invaded it for a second successive year.
Around a dozen caravans, cars and trucks arrived in Felixstowe’s Langer Park over the weekend – but mysteriously left suddenly on Monday night just as council officers were starting the lengthy process to evict them.
Officials said the park had been locked but the lock was broken before the travellers arrived. The same happened last year after the carnival.
A Suffolk Coastal spokesman said: “We will be reviewing this incident, including reviewing the security of the park.
“However, we need to realistic.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a public park and we need to have regular vehicular access to the site, in order to carry out maintenance work and emergency vehicles need to be able to access the park, so we are limited in the type of security barriers we can use.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks