Felixstowe: Trio face no further action in 1993 security van theft
- Credit: PA
THREE people arrested in connection with a security van theft in Felixstowe in 1993 will face no further action.
The trio were arrested and bailed in connection with the investigation into the theft of a security van containing £1.2million outside Lloyds Bank in Hamilton Road.
A 47-year-old woman and a 64-year-old man from Eastbourne, East Sussex, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal and assisting an offender in December last year.
A 54-year-old man from Woodford Green was arrested on suspicion to commit theft in January.
All three have had their bail cancelled after the Crown Prosecution Service and senior investigating officers at Suffolk police decided no further action would be taken against them at this stage.
It comes after Eddie Maher, known as “Fast Eddie” was jailed for five years last week after pleading guilty to stealing £1,172,500 from a Securicor van.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries