Felixstowe: Tutu trio ready for 100km walk
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITABLE trio is hoping to raise vital funds for a good cause by walking 100km from London to Brighton – dressed in tutus.
Team Tutu, which is made up of Una Packwood, Simon Cudworth and Alison Quilter, of Felixstowe, will tackle the London2Brighton charity trip at the end of May.
They will be joined by thousands of other people for the challenge and are aiming to raise £1,200 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ms Quilter, a director at Highcliffe House nursing home, in Cobbold Road, said: “All three of us have lost people very close to us and we wanted to recognise, not only the work that Macmillan does in supporting the person who has cancer, but the support they give to the families as well.”
Alison and Una have taken part in a number of races and walks in recent years and the trio’s training is nearly complete, ahead of the challenge which takes place on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Quilter added: “We have been out most weekends just to get more miles under our belts but we are almost there now with our training.”
? If you would like to sponsor Team Tutu, please visit www.justgiving.com/allieq or, alternatively, there is a sponsor form at Bent Hill Post Office.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview