Felixstowe: Two women arrested on suspicion of involvement in �1.2million theft in 1993
TWO members of Eddie Maher’s family were arrested today in connection with the inquiry into the theft of nearly �1.2million from outside a Felixstowe bank in 1993.
His partner Deborah Brett, 47, and his sister Margaret Francis, 64, were detained by police officers in Eastbourne on suspicion of conspiracy to steal and assisting an offender.
The theft, which Maher has denied, occurred outside Lloyds Bank in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Two women have been arrested this morning, Tuesday 18 December in connection with the investigation into a security van theft outside Lloyds Bank, Hamilton Road, Felixstowe in 1993.
“The 47-year-old and 64-year-old women, both from Eastbourne in East Sussex have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal and assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
“The women were arrested by Suffolk Police officers in Eastbourne and are currently being held in custody at Eastbourne custody investigation suite.”
Maher was extradited from the US in July after being arrested in Ozark, Missouri, in February.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
He is due to stand trial at Ipswich Crown Court in March.