Felixstowe Wine Boutique celebrates expansion on Hamilton Road
The Wine-Boutique in Felixstowe will offer a unique shopping experience in its new premises on Hamilton Road.
An ambitious drinks retailer in Felixstowe is celebrating a major expansion - where customers are now invited to buy their wine by the glass.
Wine-Boutique has moved to a new premises which is equipped to both trade by the bottle and host its customers for a tipple.
The new site on Hamilton Road was opened by mayor Nick Barber on Tuesday.
Owner John Greenwold said “[This decision has] come as an observation of changing drinking habits and the difficulty that ordinary pubs face; these days people are more likely to have one glass rather than many.
You may also want to watch:
“We are completely different to any other drinking establishment in the area. We have just done a trip round the north of England last week and there is nothing like us at all there. This model of shop where you can drink in is a completely new idea.”
Wine-Boutique offers 30 wines by the glass including 5 sparkling varieties, 80 beers on shelf, and 2 “unique” Belgian taps.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
The new model has been kept under wraps since trials began six weeks before Christmas, but despite the low profile John says business has been booming.
“January has been extremely good,” he added. “Take home prices are competitve with supermarkets. You get fantastic value for better drinks.”