Felixstowe: Witness appeal after attempted robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after an attempted robbery in Felixstowe.
The incident happened in Mill Lane around 3.15am yesterday as a 23-year-old man was walking home.
Between Surrey Road and Chaucer Road, he saw to men sitting on a low wall. They got up and approached him – one spoke to him before the other assaulted him, knocking him to the ground.
The first then demanded he hand over his phone and wallet but the victim got up and ran away.
He then flagged down a taxi, which took him home.
You may also want to watch:
He suffered slight soreness to his cheek from the assault.
Police say one of the men involved was white, about 5ft 10ins tall, wearing a grey hooded top and jeans with his face partially covered by a scarf. The other was of similar height, wore a black hooded jacket and also had his face partially covered with a scarf.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Anyone who saw them in the area, or anyone with information about who they are, is asked to call CID on 101.