Felixstowe: Witness appeal after road rage incident at busy traffic light junction
Investigations are under way after an incident on the busy A14 near Felixstowe escalated into road-rage and saw a woman driver followed and assaulted by one of her pursuers.
Events started on the A14 at 2.10pm on July 24 when a woman in her 30s driving a red Ford Ka was overtaking an HGV with another lorry and car in the same lane in front of her, when a silver Porsche came up behind her and then undertook her.
The Porsche followed the Ka along Candlet Road and down Garrison Lane, and when it stopped at the traffic lights a male passenger got out and started shouting at the Ka driver.
A nearby resident heard the dispute and tried to intervene.
A police spokeswoman said: “This man, in his 50s, was then assaulted by the male from the Porsche and the woman driver of the Porsche also assaulted the driver of the Ka before both got back into the Porsche and drove away.”
You may also want to watch:
Neither the Ka driver or resident who intervened were injured.
Anyone who saw the cars on the A14, during their journey along the A14, Candlet Road and Garrison Lane, or at the traffic lights should call PC Mark Hurrell on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire