Felixstowe: Woman has debit card stolen at Lloyds Bank cashpoint at resort
- Credit: Archant
A woman fell victim to a distraction thief as her bank card was stolen at a cashpoint in Felixstowe.
The 45-year-old was using the ATM at Lloyds Bank, Hamilton Road, when the incident happened.
She became aware of a man very close behind her and felt very uncomfortable with his presence.
The man – described as being of Mediterranean appearance with short dark hair, about 5ft 5ins tall, possibly in his 40s and of stocky/ broad build, wearing a light coloured T-shirt and knee-length shorts – then spoke to her in a foreign accent.
A police spokeswoman said: “Over the next few moments the man distracted her and when she turned back to the machine she realised her debit card had been taken by another person.
You may also want to watch:
“She turned back to the man who had been distracting her and asked him to return the card but he said no before walking quickly away.”
The incident happened around 5.15pm yesterday, Wednesday July 17.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
Anyone who saw what happened or who has any information about those involved is asked to call PC 1569 Burnham Slipper on 101.