Felixstowe: Work due to begin on seafront homes project
WORK is to begin this week on a multi-million development on the town’s seafront.
Bloor Homes’ project to enhance and develop Felixstowe South Seafront as Martello Park will see the construction of much-needed homes and new leisure facilities on the 17.5 acre site.
Andrew Marns, regional managing director of Bloor Homes Eastern, said: “It is great news that we can now get on with regenerating this site, adding both to the attractiveness and vitality of the seafront and helping meet Felixstowe’s pressing need for more homes.
“In tune with English Heritage our housing development proposals of mainly family homes will carefully complement and respect the historic Martello Tower that, thanks to this project, will continue for years to come to dominate the landscape.”
As part of the agreement with Suffolk Coastal District Council, Bloor will contribute towards the repair and refurbishment of the Martello Tower.
A leisure space will run from Sea Road to Manor Terrace including areas for play, picnics and wildlife.
A total of 127 homes will be created, including 13 affordable properties, along with 250 associated parking spaces and 261 pay-and-display parking spaces.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
It is hoped the scheme will be completed in four years.