Felixstowe: Youth project moves back to town centre
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations will be held this weekend to officially mark the return of Felixstowe’s youth project to a town centre location.
Level Two has moved back to its old premises above Tesco, Hamilton Road – now known as The Youth Hub.
Tomorrow, Saturday, April 6, between 2pm and 4pm the doors are being thrown open to the community so people can find out more about what the project is doing to help young people.
Project manager Shez Southernwood said: “This event gives us the opportunity to celebrate the success to date of Level Two, and nail our colours to the mast as the main youth service provider in Felixstowe.
“This event is open to young people, parents/carers, local partners, and members of the community.
“Our 10th birthday event in November last year was a great success, but a lot has happened since then and we are keen to let everyone know all that we have achieved.
“Young people, staff and volunteers, will be on hand to promote all that Level Two has to offer.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 7 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
Mayor Mike Deacon, who has chosen Level Two as one of the two charities he is supporting during his year in office, will be cutting a ribbon to open the centre.
Level Two launches its spring programme on April 15.
Mondays from 6.30pm to 8pm will be Addicted 2 Dance for school years 7 to 13; Tuesdays 4pm to 5.30pm year six transition to high school; Wednesdays 3.15pm to 4.45pm, school year seven open session; Thursdays 2pm to 3.30pm Moving On for ages 16 to 25, then 6.30pm to 8pm school year eight open session, and 8.15pm to 9.45pm school years nine and 10 open session; Fridays 8pm to 9.30pm L8 Nite Session for 16 to 19s; and Saturdays 2pm to 4pm, open sessions for school years seven to 13.