Festive shoppers can explore ‘absolute gems’ among stores at Felixstowe
- Credit: Su Anderson
Bracing winter-time walks along the seafront are often coupled with a jaunt round the shops for many visitors – and that suits traders just fine.
Even in the coldest months, Felixstowe uses its best assets to attract people to enjoy a day by the sea and to browse its many independent shops – from butchers to bakers, bookshops to clothes stores, gift shops to restaurants.
The resort’s colourful Christmas lights and the centrepiece tree on The Triangle were switched on last weekend and now traders are looking forward to their busiest time in the run-up to the big day.
Deputy mayor Doreen Savage said the town had some “absolute gems” among its many independent shops.
She said: “I know it’s been a tough few years for the high street but here in Felixstowe we have actually seen new shops opening during those difficult days and that has been wonderful. I admire them so much and I hope they reap their rewards this Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“We are blessed with so many lovely independent shops alongside the chain stores – real niche shops, offering a great range of interesting gifts and goods.
“I always do all my Christmas shopping in Felixstowe, not online and not outside the town – and I would encourage other people to do the same and to support our local traders and small businesses.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
There is a Victorian Christmas Market today from 10am to noon at St John’s Church, Orwell Road.