Field fires ravage 17 acres of land
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Firefighters tackled two field fires within one mile of each other – with a combined 17 acres of land alight.
A total of nine fire pumps were called to the scene of two blazes on Clicket Hill and Cuckoo Hill in Bures, just south of Sudbury.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called shortly before 3.15pm with reports of a blaze in Clicket Hill, and again at 3.30pm regarding the fire in Cuckoo Hill – just one mile away.
The blaze in Cuckoo Hill spanned a total of 15 acres of stubble, while the Clicket Hill fire affected two acres of land.
A stop was called on the Clicket Hill fire at 4.22pm, while firefighters finished tackling the Cuckoo Hill blaze at 4.42pm.
You may also want to watch:
The fires are being treated as separate.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health