Fifth man arrested after ‘shots fired’ near high school
Detectives given more time to quiz gun suspects
DETECTIVES have been given more time to question four of the five suspects arrrested after reports of shots being fired near an Ipswich high School.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said a 29-year-old Ipswich man was detained last night on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
His arrest followed the detention of four men when armed police officers were called to Chantry High School in Mallard Way yesterday lunchtime to reports of men brandishing weapons.
The original call came from a member of staff at the school at around 11.50am and subsequent investigations led to the arrests of four men.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man and a 24-year-old man, both from Ipswich, have been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of a firearm and are currently at Ipswich police station being questioned.
A 30-year-old man from Ipswich and a 17-year-old boy from London have also been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of a firearm and were taken yesterday to Bury St Edmunds police station for questioning.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
No victims or any persons with any injuries have presented themselves to the police.
Check this website for updates.