Fighter pilot dies during bible study
A SUFFOLK-based fighter pilot has died after collapsing during a bible study class.
Captain Samuel Robertson, an F-15 pilot with the RAF Lakenheath-based 493rd Fighter Squadron, collapsed during the bible study session in Cambridge on Wednesday.
He was taken to the town’s Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 10:45pm.
“Our heart-felt condolences go out to Capt Robertson’s family, friends and co-workers,” said Colonel John Quintas, 48th Fighter Wing commander. “He was a loving husband, a great friend and an outstanding wingman.
“His loss will be felt across our air force family. The Liberty Wing will provide untiring support and assistance to his family during this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of Capt Robertson’s death is currently under review.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm