Film characters to link up with shoppers ahead of ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ screening
- Credit: Archant
There’s a “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” experience promised for shoppers in Bury St Edmunds later this month with the visit of Mary Poppins and Bert.
The two characters are taking part in a special Our Bury St Edmunds Christmas shopping afternoon and evening on Thursday, December 20, ahead of the film “Mary Poppins Returns”, which will be showing at the Abbeygate Cinema and Cineworld, the following day.
Mary and Bert will be entertaining shoppers outside Moyses Hall Museum performing songs from the film and will also make an appearance at both cinemas.
Chief Executive of Our Bury St Edmunds Mark Cordell said: “We can’t wait to welcome Mary Poppins and Bert to Bury St Edmunds and it’s a great way to start the school Christmas holidays. There will be opportunities for people to take photos and enjoy the songs. Lots of shops will be open late for last minute present buying and of course the town centre has around 100 places to eat and drink too, so it’s a chance to make it a fun-packed family evening out.”
Also in town for the special event will be the Snow Queen and her snowman friend, who will be meeting shoppers and performing songs. Santa’s log cabin Grotto will be open until 5pm in Charter Square and the carousel and dodgems will also be available.
As part of the special evening Our Bury St Edmunds is also running a social media competition to win tickets to a screening of the film.
Full details of the competitions will be published on the Our Bury St Edmunds Facebook page in the week before Mary and Bert’s visit to the town.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important
Further information about Christmas activities in Bury St Edmunds can be found by visiting www.ourburystedmunds.com