5 times film crews rolled into Lowestoft in recent years
- Credit: Nick Butcher
From blockbuster Danny Boyle film Yesterday to Banksy's spraycation, here are five times film crews have rolled into Lowestoft in Suffolk in recent years.
Hit 2019 film Yesterday tells the story of musician Jack Malik (Himesh Patel) who fakes his way to the top after a blackout makes everyone forget the music of The Beatles, paving the way for him to pass off the band's hits as his own.
It was shot across East Anglia and Ormiston Denes Academy was used as one of the locations, with Lily James playing a teacher and more than 60 members of staff and students featured.
2. Antiques Road Trip
Lowestoft once again featured on BBC's Antiques Road Trip in September 2021, with film crews visiting Waveney Valley Smokehouse last April.
Husband-and-wife duo Gerry and Glynis Skews welcomed the team and expert Catherine Southon to film traditional bloater smoking.
3. Homes Under the Hammer
An episode of Homes Under the Hammer was shot in the town in November last year along Salisbury Road.
New presenter Tommy Walsh, who is best known for hosting Ground Force from 1997 until 2005, was seen on the street by neighbours.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 6 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 7 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 8 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
4. Burberry Advert
World-famous British fashion brand Burberry sent film crews to Lowestoft beach in summer 2020 to shoot an advert with dancers along the promenade.
The advert went on to win at the prestigious Gerety Awards 2021 for creative excellence.
5. Banksy's Spraycation
All eyes were on the Norfolk and Suffolk coast in 2021 when Bristol-based graffiti artist Banksy released a video confirming he was behind a "spraycation" in the area.
In Lowestoft, this included a seagull on the corner of Denmark Road and Katwijk Way and a group of children in a boat in Nicholas Everitt Park.