Final line-up for annual Stowmarket blues festival revealed
- Credit: Archant
The artists set to take to the stage at Stowmarket’s biggest annual music festival have been announced.
The StowBlues Festival, which is due to take place on Saturday, June 9, will feature eight live acts – performing a variety of authentic American blues sets.
The event, which is now in its eighth year, will be set once again in the grounds of the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket. StowBlues helps fund the museum, which is a charity.
With a comprehensive line up of local, national and international musicians, organisers have promised a fun-filled day for all the family.
The line-up includes Kent Duchaine, who has rocked out at major blues festivals in the USA and at over 100 tours in the UK and Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Also featured will be funky riffs from Clare Free and the youth movement of British Blues, with performances from Chris King Robinson and Hot Tramp.
Perennial StowBlues favourites Back Porch will return for this year’s festival – as well as the smooth vocals of Malaya Blue, Cold Norton and The Mighty Bosscats.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
The festival also benefits from the expertise of Mike Rushmore, a well-known name in the East Anglian blues scene.
Organised in conjunction with BBC Radio Suffolk and compered by DJ Stephen Foster, the event will host a real ale bar, featuring a selection of ales from local brewers – including Grain, Earl Soham Brewery and Colchester Town Brewery.
There will also be a selection of food available during the day, providing a fun festival atmosphere throughout the afternoon and into the evening.
The event is due to take place from 2pm until 10pm on June 9.
Last year, more than 800 people turned out for the seventh annual StowBlues Festival.
Chloe Brett, from the East Anglian Museum of Life, said: “It was fantastic. We were so lucky with the weather. All the bands went down really well.”
“It’s a great fundraiser for the museum and helps us to do the other work we do at the museum.”
Entry will cost £10 on the day, or £8 in advance. Festival-goers are reminded no form of alcohol bought off the premises is permitted at the festival.
Tickets are available to buy now from Stowmarket Tourist Information Centre and online at: www.eastanglianlife.org.uk.