Finborough School, near Stowmarket, celebrates ‘excellent’ Independent Schools Inspectorate report
- Credit: Archant
An independent Suffolk school is celebrating an “excellent” inspection report.
Finborough School, a day and boarding school near Stowmarket, was praised in its Independent Schools Inspectorate report for the quality of its pupils’ academic achievement and personal development.
Headteacher Steven Clark said the report was an “affirmation of what we are doing”. He said he was delighted by the findings, but staff would not be “resting on their laurels” – seeing the inspection as a “launch pad” to further improvements.
“It recognised we are doing a really special thing,” added Mr Clark.
“Our pupils are having a great experience and we are extremely fortunate to have such an excellent group of children at Finborough, alongside fantastic staff employing powerful strategies that develop independent and successful learners.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is for children aged two to 18.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear