Watch: Fine day for area expected, with mainly dry week ahead
- Credit: Archant
Following a wet Saturday and a chilly night, forecasters were today predicting a fine, dry day in Suffolk and north Essex.
Chris Bell, a forecaster at Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “It will be a fine, dry day with quite a bit of sunshine.”
However, he added there would be a lot of high, hazy cloud later. Temperatures are expected to reach highs of between 13C (55F) and 15C (59F). Mr Bell also said: “There is a mostly dry week coming up.”
Last night was chilly across the region, with the lowest temperature of 1.3C (34F) being recorded at Santon Downham in the Forest Heath area, bringing a possible touch of ground frost.
At Brooms Barn near Bury St Edmunds, the lowest temperature recorded was 3.4C (38F), and at Wattisham it was 4.2C (39.5F).
You may also want to watch:
Tonight is expected to be warmer, with Weatherquest predicting lowest temperatures of around 4C (39F) and 7C (44.6F).
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health