Factory fire in Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Nine fire engines were originally called at 7.30am to a fire at the Munton’s Cedars Maltings factory on the Needham Road Industrial Estate.
According to Suffolk Fire and Rescue most of the engines called returned to their stations as the fire was much smaller than first believed.
Only three engines were present at the scene and were able to douse the blaze using hand pumps at around 8am.
The fire is believed to have started in the mechanical system on the ground floor of the factory.
Thankfully the flames were extinguished before they could spread to the first floor.
You may also want to watch:
Firemen are currently at the scene in Stowmarket and are helping on-site engineers to dismantle the mechanical system.
Check here for more updates.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found