Crews tackle huge fire at Suffolk nature reserve
- Credit: citizenside.com
Firefighters rushed to a blaze spanning three acres of undergrowth at North Warren Nature Reserve in Aldeburgh.
Crews were called shortly after 11.30am this morning to reports of a “fire in the open” at the RSPB nature reserve on Leiston Road.
Three crews were called to the scene – two from Leiston and one from Aldeburgh – where three acres of undergrowth were found alight.
Firefighters used hose jets and beaters to tackle the blaze.
A stop was called on the incident at roughly 1.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said an investigation will be launched into the cause of the fire.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 6 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 7 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 8 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge