Fire at 'whiff' farm
FIRE crews are currently fighting a blaze at a factory unit near Elmswell.
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze at the farm at the centre of the notorious Woolpit whiff.
Crews were called to Rookery Farm in Drinkstone at around 6.50pm tonight.
The fire is believed to have started in the extraction system of the offal plant.
Farmer John Clarke said: “It's not too serious. I don't know how it started but the firefighters are having trouble actually getting to it.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of four crews were called to the incident including the turntable ladder from Bury ST Edmunds and firefighters from Elmswell and Stowmarket.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day