Fire breaks out in derelict trawler
FIREFIGHTERS have blamed flames which engulfed a derelict trawler.
Two crews and two water incident vehicles were initially called to Pin Mill, in Chelmondiston - near to the Butt and Oyster pub, after being alerted to the incident shortly before 4.40pm.
The boat, which measures 25metres by six metres in located roughly 50metres from the shoreline.
Fire crews are investigating on foot.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said that a further four fire crews were requested at 5.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
The flames were brought under control by 6.40pm, however crews remained at the scene to ensure that there were no further hot spots and to cut away any debris.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!